M&D Caring Committee
We believe that a strong community is a benefit to our company. We support many community groups through volunteering and financial contributions.
Some of the organizations we actively support include:
- BeArded WARRIORs
- Cook Museum of Natural Science
- Decatur Downtown Redevelopment Authority
- Decatur Morgan Hospital Foundation
- Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce
- Habitat for Humanity of Morgan County
- Helen Keller Hospital Foundation
- Huntsville Hospital Foundation
- Morgan County Child Advocacy Center
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Red Cross – Morgan-Lawrence County, Alabama
- United Way of Morgan County
- Workforce Development Committee – Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce
Our recent contributions:
Helen Keller Hospital Foundation
The 2018 spring event for the Helen Keller Hospital Foundation was held on May 3rd. All funds raised from this year’s event will go to benefit the Pediatric Unit at the hospital. The event was held at the Marriot Shoals Conference Center and featured a silent auction, dinner, and musical entertainment. M&D Mechanical was proud to sponsor an item for the silent auction which included a basket with a gift certificate for Lowes Hotel, and (2) Music City All Access Passes to four attractions in Nashville.
Huntsville Hospital Classic
The 30th annual Huntsville Classic was held this year and funds raised will provide a new Kids Care Transport Ambulance. This year’s event licked off on Thursday May10th at the Von Braun Center with a dinner and concert featuring Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, and concluded with the Classic Golf tournament on Saturday May 12th at Robert Trent Jones Hampton Cove course. As part of our sponsorship we seated a table of eight at the dinner & concert, and had a team of four at the golf tournament. This event continues to be a premier fund raising event for the foundation and M&D Mechanical is happy to be a part of it.
Morgan County Child Advocacy Center
In the summer of 2018, M&D Mechanical raised $500 to benefit the Morgan County Child Advocacy Center.